For a tiny indie team such as ours, it’s a great privilege to be able to release our second game. We’re super grateful for all of you, the fans who supported us throughout the development of this game. We hope you will enjoy this labor of sweat & tears, but also much love!
What started as an idea for a datadisk that would bring a few new levels and maybe 1 or 2 new minor features, has grown into a fully fledged standalone game that is as big as the original game, if not bigger.
Lockdown brings many improvements on almost everything that made Vaporum good, plus a host of new features and quality of life upgrades.
Just to name a few:
- New storyline following a female protagonist, Ellie Teller.
- Brand new levels.
- New enemy types with unconvential attack patterns that will challenge your wits & reflexes.
- New weapon & armor types for even more build options.
- Lots of synergies to find. We created many new unique weapons & armor pieces and a few new circuits, all with synergy-building in mind.
- A host of new puzzles and a special optional level with extra-tough puzzles to challenge your brainpower.
- More voice-overs and a deeper look into the lore and story of the world of Vaporum.
- Much streamlined controls (including much improved controller support).
Even though the game takes place in the same tower, the storyline is completely new. Follow a new protagonist and find out what happened before the events in Vaporum. Ellie Teller, a teleporter scientist, must face her own past and find a way to escape the place.
As a side note, we came up with the final name of the game mere weeks before the global pandemic broke out. It also hit us hard, where we had to work from home for several weeks, so you can say that Lockdown was being made during a lockdown. 🙂
Thankfully, none of us got infected. We would also like to thank all the people on the frontline who have been working to keep us safe!
Share, comment, and enjoy the game!