Switch was like a second home to Vaporum (our first game), so it should be no surprise that the first console release of our next game, Vaporum: Lockdown, is landing on the Nintendo Switch. We learned a lot bringing the first Vaporum game onto the console, and this time, we decided to port the game ourselves. For a small team like ours, releasing the game on the console has been quite the experience. We hope you will enjoy the game!
You can get Vaporum: Lockdown right now on: Nintendo eShop (US), Nintendo eShop (EU), Nintendo eShop (JP)
Lockdown improves on almost everything that made Vaporum good, plus a host of new features and quality of life upgrades.
Just to name a few:
- New storyline following a female protagonist, Ellie Teller.
- Brand new levels.
- New enemy types with unconventional attack patterns that will challenge your wits & reflexes.
- New weapon & armor types for even more build options.
- Lots of synergies to find. We created many new unique weapons & armor pieces and a few new circuits, all with synergy-building in mind.
- A host of new puzzles and a special optional level with extra-tough puzzles to challenge your brainpower.
- More voice-overs and a deeper look into the lore and story of the world of Vaporum.
- Much streamlined controls (including much improved controller support).
Even though the game takes place in the same tower, the storyline is completely new. Follow a new protagonist and find out what happened before the events in Vaporum. Ellie Teller, a teleporter scientist, must face her own past and find a way to escape the place.