We are super excited to be finally able to announce the launch date of Vaporum: Lockdown. The game is coming out on September 15 on Windows (Steam, GOG, Humble Store/Widget), shortly followed by Mac & Linux.
You can read the official press release below, as well as watch the launch trailer containing new gameplay snippets that you can look forward to!
Thank you everyone for your patience and for staying with us all this time!
A modern take on old-school dungeon crawlers is coming out on September 15
Teaser Video: https://youtu.be/CctWfLZDCG4
Wishlist now on STEAM! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1161880/Vaporum_Lockdown/
Vaporum: Lockdown by Fatbot Games is a grid-based single-player dungeon crawler in an original steampunk setting, inspired by classics such as Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder, or the new Legend of Grimrock series.
The game is coming out on September 15 on Windows (Steam, GOG, Humble Store/Widget), shortly followed by Mac & Linux.
Vaporum: Lockdown, prequel to critically acclaimed Vaporum, expands on everything that made the original game good.
Follow the story of Ellie Teller, a scientist who is a part of a mysterious research project in the middle of an ocean. After disastrous events, she struggles to survive and escape the tower of Arx Vaporum.
Dates & Platforms
- Windows (Steam, GOG, Humble Store/Widget): September 15, 2020
- Mac & Linux (Steam, GOG, Humble Store/Widget): following shortly after the Windows release
- Nintendo Switch: Q4 2020 – specific date to be announced later
- PS4/XB1: 2021
- Old-school grid-based dungeon crawler with modern audiovisuals and controls.
- First-person real-time combat with deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviors.
- Stop time mode where time only passes when you act, giving you unlimited time to reason about your next best move.
- Intriguing story following a fully voiced female protagonist.
- Unique gadget-based RPG system with tons of customization, tons of loot, and tons of synergies to find.
- Mind-bending puzzles and hazards.
- Immersive steampunk setting.
- Full controller support.
- Localized in 8 languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Russian, Polish, Japanese, and Chinese.
- Fatbot Games, s. r. o.
- Based in Bratislava – Slovakia, Central Europe.
- Core team consisting of 5 ex-AAA gamedev veterans.
- 50+ years of combined experience.
- Focused on polished games with engaging storylines and high production values.
- About the studio: read here!
- Website: https://fatbot-games.com/